What Not To Put On Your CV June 3, 2008Posted by liverpoolchamber in Top Tips, World Wide Web.
Tags: Bloopers, CV, Humour, mistakes, Resume
Writing an attractive and useful CV can be hard. No-one likes to condense their life to two sides of A4 in the pursuit of career advancement. But let’s hope none of us have committed any of the blunders found on this list over at the Jobmob website.
The list is nice and long, but here’s a few to get you in the mood:
- Hobbies: “enjoy cooking Chinese and Italians”
- Candidate included naked picture of himself.
- Other Interests: “Playing with my two dogs (They actually belong to my wife but I love the dogs more than my wife)”.
- Why Interested in Position: “to keep my parole officer from putting back me in jail”
- A woman had attached a picture of herself in a mini mouse costume
- Hobbies: “Drugs and girls”.
- Hobbies: “Having a good time”
- “Able to say the ABCs backward in under five seconds.”
- “I have an excellent track record, although I am not a horse.”
Read the full list here. Oh, and they call a CV a ‘resume’, but that’s because they’re probably American examples.