Take The Skills Pledge November 10, 2008Posted by liverpoolchamber in Education, Events, Training.
Tags: Merseytravel, Skills
add a comment
Merseylearn, the training and development initiative for Merseytravel want local companies to take The Skills Pledge.
The Skills Pledge is a voluntary, public commitment by the leadership of a company or organisation to support all its employees to develop their basic skills, including literacy and numeracy, and work towards relevant, valuable qualifications
They will be holding a high profile Skills Pledge signing event on 3 December ’08 at the Holiday Inn; 9:30am start with refreshments. The event is being supported by their partners in relation to skills including the Learning and Skills Council, GoSkills, Investors in People, Connexions and Business in the Community.
During the event they will be celebrating those partners and suppliers who have committed to signing the Skills Pledge. They will also be raising the importance of apprenticeships and the business benefits we have seen in Merseytravel through our own apprenticeship programme
Find out more about the pledge…
Free Seminar on Marketing and Presentation Techniques September 4, 2008Posted by liverpoolchamber in Business, Chamber Services, Events, Liverpool.
Tags: Events, marketing, presentation techniques, seminars, Skills, Stepclever, workshops
add a comment
This is part of a series of free workshops for businesses in the wards of Anfield, Everton, County, Kirkdale, Linacre and Derby to improve their chances of winning contracts in both the public and private sectors.
The public sector alone has £500 billion worth of business available each year.
Kevin Griffiths, Head of Commercial Services at Liverpool Chamber of Commerce, working with Stepclever said: “This practical workshop will focus on issues such as can you sell effectively, and communicate creatively? It will look at how to effectively get your messages across to individuals, either in one to one meetings or panel and tender situations.
The session on marketing and presentation techniques will provide both a hands on and practical refresher, or a first time session on a number of different aspects, and show you how to raise your game in personal presentation.”
This workshop will be held at the Council Chamber, No 1 Old Hall Street, Liverpool L3 9HG on Tuesday 30th September at 9.30am – 12 noon, Lunch and course notes provided.
To book call June Davies on 0151 224 1891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Think Deep Before You Have To Dig Deep! June 24, 2008Posted by liverpoolchamber in Training.
Tags: Employee, NVQ, Skills, Training
add a comment
As an employer, are you aware of the funds available to upskill your workforce?
There is concern in the Government about the quality of skills among employees in the UK. A recent report presented by Lord Leitch indicates that the UK is languishing close to the bottom of the EC league for employed staff whom do not possess any form of qualification at NVQ level two and above.
The Learning & Skills Council are promoting the “Train To Gain” Fund to encourage all employers to assist with this initiative by offering 100% funding of a vocational qualification to level two for any employee who have not achieved grade “C” and above for GCSE or any NVQ at level 2 or it’s equivalent.
Management are not exempt in this scheme, the offer is extended to managers, supervisors or team leaders to complete a level three or four management vocational qualification.
The Government has made it clear that if employers do not seize the initiative, they will force a bill through that will make it compulsory for the employer to ensure their employees are qualified to at least a level two NVQ and at the employer’s expense.
For further information on how Train to Gain can help your business contact Trident Training on 0151 227 1234.
Do You Have Staff Aged 16-18? January 25, 2008Posted by liverpoolchamber in Education, Training.
Tags: Apprenticeships, Education, Skills, Training, Trident, Youth
add a comment
The Government has identified that there are hundreds of 16-18yr olds across Merseyside currently in employment without qualifications.
Do you currently have staff in this age group who would benefit from training and achieving a recognised qualification?
Are you aware that training is 100% fully funded and can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation?
- Trident Training Ltd (the training arm of the Liverpool Chamber of Commerce and Industry) offer Apprenticeships in Business Administration, Retail, Customer Service, ICT and Accountancy.
- Apprenticeships are available for your existing staff aged 16-18 with limited opportunities for those aged 19-24.
- Designed to develop job related skills whilst providing relevant key skills to those with little experience in the workplace.
- Apprenticeships are 100% fully funded and paper free (e-portfolio)
- They can increase the young persons confidence and motivation whilst building on their literacy and numeracy skills
- All Apprenticeships are tailored to meet the needs of your organisation and those of the individual
- As an employer by becoming involved in Apprenticeships you’re showing your commitment to quality, investment in people and by investing in training it has been shown to help reduce staff turnover.
Benefits to the Learner:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Quality training specific to job role
- Build on Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Increase confidence and motivation
- Enable learner to achieve their goals
Benefits to Employer:
- Higher skilled staff
- Quality training tailored to meet the needs of your business
- Increased staff retention
- Work-based, integrating training into the day to day activities relating to the individuals job role
- e-portfolio – on line training that allows the learner access to their portfolio 24 hours per day from work or home, reduces the amount of paper used, cuts out bulky portfolios and it’s environmentally friendly!
For further details please contact the Recruitment team on 0151 236 3222 or e-mail email@example.com